Uvex 9790211 Pheos Clear Polycarbonate Face Shield
The Uvex 9790211 Pheos Clear Polycarbonate Face Shield provides total face coverage for excellent protection from liquids, molten metal and hot solids. This face shield is certified B rated impact protection with anti-fog and anti-scratch coating to ensure that you are kept safe with completely clear visibility.
- Frame Marking: W 166 3 9 B CE
- Lens Marking: 2C-1.2 W 1 B 9 KN CE
- Frame Strength: B
- Lens Radiation Protection: 2C
- Lens Light Transmission: 1.2
- Optical Quality: 1
- Lens Properties: K, N
- Learn about eyewear specifications here
EN Compliance of the Uvex Pheos Faceguard with Polycarbonate Visor
The Uvex Pheos Faceguard with Polycarbonate Visor is tested to EN standards to ensure the highest levels of performance. The standards to which these glasses comply are as follows:
- EN 166 (Personal Eye Protection)
- EN 170 (Personal Eye Protection with Ultraviolet Filters)
Read more about safety standards here...
Key Features of the Uvex Pheos Faceguard
- The visor guarantees absolutely clear vision thanks to the anti-scratch and anti-fog Supravision coating as well as quality protection certified to keep your face safe
- Polycarbonate face protection that meets EN 166 standard against impacts, liquids and molten metals with B rated medium impact protection (up to 120m/s)
- Streamlined design for wearer comfort with wide neck support, adjustable height and width designed to fit most heads sized between 52 - 64cm circumference
- The visor uses a spring-loaded locking system to provide various locking positions and ensure that it will stay securely in place once adjusted
- When the visor is locked into the upright seat it ensures the centre of gravity is in the ideal position to encourage good posture and avoid neck strain
- The visor also provides UV400 protection (100% UV radiation filtration) so that it can be worn outside and keep your eyes safe without need for sunglasses
- As the faceguard is not clunky or overly large it allows the wearer maximum freedom of movement so you can turn your head and move around naturally
- Lens thickness: 2.2mm
- Weight: 391g (approx. 0.86lbs)
Encourages Good Posture
This faceguard is designed so that, when the visor is locked into the upright position, the centre of gravity is in the centre of the helmet. By balancing the weight of the faceguard in this way, it actively encourages good posture from the wearer while also avoiding straining the neck in a way that could cause discomfort.
Replaceable Spare Parts
The helmet works as a multisystem where more accessories can be included, such as ear protectors, and parts can be removed as you wish. If any of the parts, such as the lens, suspension harness or sweatband, become damaged then they can be swapped out for spare parts without the need to replace the whole helmet.
Tested to EN standards to ensure that the faceguard provides quality protection, this helmet is certified to protect you from liquids, molten metals and hot solids. This means you will be protected from any sparks while welding, any chemicals you may come across and impact with small objects travelling 120m/s, guaranteeing that your face will stay safe in a potentially dangerous workplace.
What Is the Uvex Supravision Coating?
In order to ensure that your safety visor provides protection and comfort in a range of applications, it is coated with Uvex's Supravision lens coating. This advanced formula provides permanent anti-fog protection on the interior of the lens, as well as a highly durable, extremely scratch-resistant exterior.
Who Can Use the Uvex Pheos Polycarbonate Visor?
The protection and utility provided by the polycarbonate visor along with its Supravision coating are perfect for a variety of applications in the industrial sector, including:
- Electrical Work
- Metal work
- Road Building
- Tarmac/Asphalt Work
The Uvex Pheos Faceguard 9790211 is supplied in a single universal size but can be easily adjusted using just one hand with the variable width adjustment system. You can adjust the visor to sit at the position that you need it where it will lock into place thanks to the spring-loaded mechanism.
How Easy Is the Faceguard to Maintain?
As the visor can be taken apart it is easy to clean and should one part be damaged it can be replaced without having to replace the whole faceguard. If the visor needs to be cleaned you can use Uvex's own cleaning fluid or rinse with running water. If the faceguard comes into contact with chemicals, it should be rinsed immediately.