Portwest PS09 Smoke Lens Scratch-Resistant Safety Goggles
Ideal for tough and messy jobs, the Portwest PS09 Smoke Lens Scratch-Resistant Safety Goggles feature polycarbonate lenses that are resistant to impacts at extreme temperatures, mist, oil and dirt. This smoke lens model is also tinted for high levels of UV, light and glare protection, making them a great choice for sunny days. With a unique design that includes both standard glasses arms and an elastic headband, they offer each wearer a secure, personalised fit.
- Frame Marking: C EN166 FT CE UKCA
- Lens Marking: 5-3.1 1 F CE
- Frame Strength: FT
- Lens Radiation Protection: 5
- Lens Light Transmission: 3.1
- Optical Quality: 1
- Lens Properties: F, T
- Learn about eyewear specifications here
EN Compliance of the Portwest Safety Glasses
Ensuring that you are getting the protection necessary, the Safety Glasses have been tested to EN standards. The standards to which these glasses comply are as follows:
- EN 166 - Personal Eye Protection
- EN 170 - Protection against UV Radiation
- EN 172 - Protection from Sun Glare
Key Features of the Portwest PS09 Smoke Lens Glasses
- Includes both arms and elastic band, so can be worn as glasses or goggles
- Wraparound design offers secure fit and offers wide field of vision
- Ideal for working in extreme conditions with oil- and dirt- resistant lenses
- Removable EVA foam layer is comfortable and offers protection from shock and ingress of dust
- Offer resistance to low energy impacts at extreme temperatures
- Anti-mist coating retains safe view, even in poor visibility conditions
- Side vents in arms help maintain comfortable temperature
What Are These Glasses Resistant To?
When working in potentially dangerous conditions and with harmful materials, the eyes can be subject to a wide range of risks. The Portwest Safety Specs provide reliable resistance to the following hazards:
- Low-energy impact up to 45 metres per second, at extreme temperatures
- UV Radiation
- Sun Glare
Unique Design Can be Worn as Glasses or Goggles
The PS09 Portwest model includes both standard arms and an elastic band. This allows them to be worn as goggles or glasses, depending on the personal preference of the wearer.
Removable EVA Foam for Comfort and Protection
Included with the Portwest Safety Glasses is a layer of EVA foam, making them more comfortable and offering additional protection from shocks, dust and debris. The EVA layer is also conveniently removable, offering a customised fit.
Oil and Dust Resistant Lenses for Messy Jobs
The lenses of these Portwest Goggles are treated for resistance to oil and dirt. This helps maintain a clear, safe view when working in dirty environments.
Tinted Smoke Lenses for Sun and UV protection
These Portwest Safety Sunglasses feature smoke lenses, offering comprehensive protection from UV radiation, sun glare and light transmission.
Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog and Impact-Resistant at Extreme Temperatures
The polycarbonate build is extremely robust, offering resistance to low-energy impacts at extreme temperatures and scratches. It's also been given an anti-fog coating, helping retain and clear and safe view, even in poor visibility conditions.
The Portwest Safety Goggles are supplied in a universal size that should suit most users.
Are The Portwest PS09 Safety Goggles Available with Other Lenses?
As well as this smoke lens model, the Portwest PS09 Glasses are available with Clear Lenses.